It’s the most classic staple you own and it’s been sitting in your closet forever. Year after year you pull it out to wear on those cold winter days. Although it’s basic, you can update it year after year and make it feel fresh every time. There are no shortage of ideas on how to style it. Go into your closet and you will surprise yourself on how you can turn your black turtleneck into your new fave basic. Think Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn and how classic and elegant they made it look. Well girl, they got nothing on you!
Here are a 20 ways to style a black turtleneck. Let these inspire your next outfit. Stay tuned for my YouTube video on how I styled my black turtleneck (working on this tomorrow)! Find my link by hitting my YouTube icon at the top of this page and you will be directed to my FashionJustice TV youtube channel. Have fun bringing some glam style to your black turtleneck outfits and stay fabulously warm over the winter months. xoxo
- 1. White pants and turquoise earrings breaths new life into this basic staple.
2. Make your houndstooth coat or jacket stand out and keep everything else black.
3. Wear a frilly fun feathered skirt to make the entire look elegant yet not overly fancy.
4. How sleek does it look with a leopard print jacket?
5. Check out how dapper it looks with a check sweater or coat.
6. Think of wearing it with your classic brown leather coat or jacket for an urban professional look.
7. Here’s a look I am going to replicate next week! White boots, pink coat and patterned pants. Now I can’t wait for Monday!
8. Your friends will be green with envy when they see you walking down the street in green, black and denim.
9. A black turtleneck and a black tuxedo jacket, paired with denim and a long necklace says ” I know exactly what I am doing.”
10. One of my fave looks. All black with a pop of boots!
11. With your fave fur and statement pants, this turtleneck is basic no more.
12. Combat boots, a warm duster and jeans makes for a very sleek utilitarian look.
13. Wear it underneath your cold shoulder top or dress so you can get more wear from your summer clothes.
14. All in black with a tan coat or jacket makes you look like a street style star.
15. A structured black coat and bag with a pair of white sneakers looks casually classic.
16. Wearing it with a fancy skirt offsets the ooh la la and makes the look more down to earth, yet so fun.
17. Make it pop against a red leather jacket or coat.
18. Ohhhh baby will you rock it in white booties and a red skirt.
19. White and black against a great faux fur looks glam.
20. Suit up in your black turtle neck.
Now you have no excuse to glammy up your black turtleneck. I’ll show you mine tomorrow (wait for the video), and be sure to send me your pics of how you work that turtleneck! Stay Fab baby!